How do we celebrate World Creativity and Innovation Day?
1. Generate Ideas That Solve Problems
Start the day out by brainstorming, sit down and think of all the things you do during the day and how you might change them for the better.
2. Meet with Different People
• Join a book club at the library and discuss a book that might not normally be on the top of your reading list. Be sure to be an avid listener.
• Become part of a community effort that is outside the typical charity involvement for you and learn why this effort is so important to them.
• Find cultural events advertised in the local newspaper or online. Join in and learn more by giving compliments, showing interest, and asking questions.
• Take a local community education class. These might be advertised at the library or on a community website. This not only helps to learn a new skill, craft, or hobby but allows for getting to know people who are outside of the groups you might ordinarily meet with.
3. Share Innovative Ideas
Got an idea for your local town or municipality? Send the suggestion to them and let them know how it could benefit others in the community.
Got a new idea for the employer or workplace? Inform a supervisor or boss and see what they have to say about implementing these creative solutions.
Sometimes, innovation and creativity come from seeing something from across the world that could be done better in our little corner. Learning about the way different people groups and cultures across the globe do things can help not only foster respect for others but also generate incredible ideas. Whether just “visiting” by watching a documentary or actually going to a new place, this will help to promote creativity and innovation.
World Creativity and Innovation Day could be the day that can set the world on a whole new path!