Article written by Sergiu Bumbacea and Filip Popescu M.Sc.
In this post we are talking about how to help children in solving their homework with the technology at hand.
With the foreseeable future still keeping education online, we want to share with you some of our favourite resources to keep knowledge flowing.
From tutors to self-learning and even finding learning groups, this selection should bring something to all the education needs of your kids, and even yourself!
We classified our research about the homework support in 4 main topics, giving you some keywords and some personal reviews about :
1. Online Tutoring Focus
- Chegg – With this website, I have learned how to solve mathematics, chemistry and physics problems step by step during my undergraduate studies.(Sergiu)
- Homeworkhelp – “Award-Winning Online Multimedia Tutorials and Software Products.”
- Revolution Prep – “At Revolution Prep, our interactive online tutoring means you get the most experienced tutors anywhere, expertly matched to your needs and learning style.”
- PaperHelp – “We provide paper samples to show you a good example of quality writing”
- GradeMiners – “Choose a trusted paper writing service. Save your time. Score better.”
- eTutorWorld – “World-class one-to-one online tutoring and test preparation services for students in grades K-12.”
2. Self-Paced Learning
- Udemy – My python base has been established by Udemy’s resources and well-paced learning material. (Filip)
- Khan Academy – “Join Khan Academy to get personalized help with what you’re studying or to learn something completely new. We’ll save all of your progress.”
- edX – I have been impressed by the quality of the course material, both in the number of professionals involved, as well as in the educational resources made available. (Filip)
- Skillshare – “Explore your creativity with classes in illustration, photography, design, and more.”
- Coursera – One of the first high-quality online courses platforms which I deeply admire. (Filip)
- Brainscape – “Our web & mobile app finally makes spaced repetition more accessible, by respecting or leveraging other key pillars of cognitive science such as motivation, hyperbolic discounting, active recall, self-assessment, motivation & metacognition.”
3. Study group tools
- GoConqr – “Our mission is to become the leading global platform for digital learning content in order to empower educators and learners to reach their full potential.”
- Kahoot – “Create, play and share fun learning games in minutes – for any subject, any language, any device, all ages.”
- G-Suite for Education – “Empower learning while getting more time back to focus on your students with flexible, secure, and easy-to-use tools that are free and built for education.”
- Mooclab – “We’re an education resource supporting online learners to succeed in every aspect of their learning. Our technology and services exist to make your experience easier.”
- Crammut – “Assign Youtube videos, posts or books to employees, and keep track of what your team is learning or should learn next.”
- study group toolkit from McGill University – I studied and worked at McGill University, this being a useful selection of tips. (Filip)
- Wolphram Alpha – Helped me understand a wide range of mathematical principles during my undergraduate studies. (Filip)
- PhotoMath – During my undergraduate study, he helped me understand a wide variety of mathematical concepts. (Sergiu)
- Socratic – “Socratic was built to support Science, Math, Literature, Social Studies, and more. With help from teachers, Socratic brings you visual explanations of important concepts in each subject.”
- Quora – Still use it to find answers to spontaneous curiosities; and even for experts opinions and resources. (Filip)
- Microsoft MathSolver – “Get step-by-step solutions to your math problems.”
- fxSolver – “fxSolver is a solver for engineering and scientific equations.”
Our team has used several of these resources during their education. With access to so much knowledge it is easy to nurture a habit for continuous education.
Which of these have you used before, or are currently using?
Which is your favourite?
Share your information with us below, or write to us at email@example.com
If you enjoyed reading our content, please consider sending this post with your friends and family. Sharing is caring!